Monday, October 28, 2013

The Nature of the Beast 2 (The birth of the Triad)

And I was finished and done. I had segregated myself from the lot of them. It was not long before I had settled in to being by myself, in fact, I grew to love the freedom that being alone provided. It was me and the surrounding forest. I learned the language of the land and the voice of the waters. I learned the secrets lingo of the animals and the heart of the vegetation. All those things that hid themselves away from man, I coaxed them back to trust me. I felt as though I was a princess of the wood. Days went by and I would skip through the nearby vallies in the soles of my naked feet. I took to wearing small shifts made from deerskin and fox furs. I wove the beautiful clover throughout my auburn locks and pretended that I was in some huge ballroom constructed by mother nature herself. I curtsied, holding out the corners of my leather dress.

 

“May I have this dance?” spoke to all of nature in a sing song voice. I followed up with a giggle before running headlong into the edge of the forest. Birds flew up from the undergrowth disturbed by my maniacal tyrade.

 

I was happy, content in my lonliness. I grew to know even my other parts of me. There were 3 distinct parts of my being. One was Yelvina, Daughter of Patron Garold and lady Fandida. The 2nd self that I realized was Andreea, the image of goodness and light and then there was Ona, the hunter. I knew Ona was there from before, but I had no idea that she had a name. I tried on many occasions, during my envisioning, to know why these 3 selves were present within me. Every time I would ask them to identify their needs they would only give me riddles. The 3 did tell me one thing about the daughter of Patron Garold and Lady Fandida; they told me that Yelvina, my true born self was stricken with an illness. They said that because of this illness, I was able to communicate with them. I asked if my illness was the curse of the moon and they collectively answered an affirmative.

 

I didn’t talk about that anymore. I don’t ever like talking about that part of me. When the triad started to speak of the blood moon, I knew it was time to take Yelvina and go. When the three noticed that I was uncomfortable, they decided to teach me the magic of the forest, instead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment