Saturday, March 30, 2013

secrets for 2

Kissing Donnie was magical. I never wanted it to end. Here, so far away from the girls, I felt like I was in control again.

"Donnie, I really missed you." I smiled and caressed his face.

But Donnie wasn't really here and I was daydreaming again. I sat back down on the floor and realized that I was crying. I did miss Donnie but did Donnie miss me? I knew at this point, I was pathetic. I rolled onto the floor and moved into fetal position. I was totally and completely obsessed with the notion of loving Donnie Fendleburg. I had, In fact, been obsessed with him for 6 months now and I still did not know whether he knew. He would smile at me and talk to me about school but he never really gave me any definitive clues as to his returned my affections. I thought about him every night before bed, I thought about him when I woke in the morning and I even thought about him while flipping burgers at my job at Macon's diner. Thing is, for all the times I thought about Donnie...he probably never thought about me. It seems that my unrequited love would have been enough for me to forget about Donnie and move on but it wasn't. I don't know why, but I couldn't shake him from my mind; he was simply beautiful to me.

Yesterday I rehearsed it again...how I would tell Donnie how I felt. Yesterday, I failed again. When he walked passed me in the hallway, I just smiled and waved at him shyly. When he waved back, I melted and was instantly happy for the rest of the day. I was a mess and this is why I couldn't tell the trio of my issues. Donnie had a girlfriend named Lexie and that is another reason why I couldn't tell the girls about my problems...especially since Tam and Lexie were childhood best friends. I was stuck, fixed and hopeless in the situation that I had created for myself.

...................

"So, this is the thing...we will invite Laurie to the party and when she gets drunk...she will tell everything." Tam smiled mischeviously and shoved playfully at Paula.

Jacie frowned "I don't know, Tam...Laurie is not that dumb, you know."

"I am not saying that she is dumb at all. I just think that the only way we can help her is if we know "how" to help her." Tam smiled and tilted her head. "You see..."

The three girls sipped their cokes and watched Laurie work the tables. Everytime Laurie looked their way, they would smile at her and giggle. When Laurie looked away, the team plotted their plan and hatched their diabolical schemes. Because, after all...it was for the best.
.....................

The three girls started watching Laurie in the hallways about a week after they were deinied their juicy gossip. Every guy that Laurie spoke to, the girls would discuss.

"So, do you think it's Robert?" Jacie asked Tam as she held the unside down novel, "Wuthering Heights" in her hand.

Tam twisted her lip to the side and looked toward the ceiling. She tapped her stubby fingers on the table and sucked air in through her tight lips. "I dunno...I really think that Robert is just a friend to her. I mean, he is such a nerd. I don't think Robert is right for Laurie." Tam looked over at Paula and nudged her.

Paula dropped her copy of "Vogue" and looked confused. "Huh?"

Tam  inhaled deeply and gave Paula a long look of disaproval. "So you mean all this time you have been reading that stupid magazine? Are you even listening to us at all, Paula.

"Sure Tam, I heard you guys." Paula's eyes grew large.

"Okay smartass, what were we talking about?" Tam rubbed her fist in her other hand and gave Paula a mean look.

Paula leaned back smiled. "You guys were talking about laurie's secret guy." the ditsy girl seemed pleased with herself.

Both Jacie and Tam dropped their heads into their hands and grumbled.

"What?!" exclaimed Paula who kept smacking her watermelon gum in delight.
....................

Laurie awoke to her empty room and was sweating badly. She had dreamed of Donnie again. But this time, they were not alone. In her dream, Jacie, Paula and Tam were holding her down and screaming while Donnie laughed at them from the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment