Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The thing...forming

Yes...there is a thing within. It grows impatient, it grows listless and it grows....more and more each day. It does not share its host with alien life forms.

I see it, sitting in the darkness with gossamyr wings. It licks its claws and then smiles at me. I see the crimson on its lips and I know it will not be sated for long. I turn around in the darkenss and notice that there are twinkling shiney things drifting down from the heavens...dark heavens filled with stars. I think for a moment that maybe the sky has fallen and the stars are coming down to greet me. I turn toward the creature which is me and she smiles. I notice that she is surrounded by the twinkling and shining things...like a dust... a shimmering beautiful dust. She speaks to me and it sounds like tinkling bells chiming in the distance; but I cannot understand what she says.

She stands, languidly strolling toward me as her wings flutter behind her.  I see her lips purse and she says..."shhh"

One finger reaches up and brushes my cheek lovingly and then she leans in to kiss me. Her mouth is very near my ear and so she speaks again.

"Do not deny me...and I shall not deny you."

She backs away and disappears. I am in darkness again.

I begin to scratch my arms. I do not stop until I feel the blood trickle down onto my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment