Sunday, February 17, 2013

A dream I once had...part 5

I woke up with that little girl lying on my chest. Reaching down I caressed her hair. Vampires did not dream. but visions of running through the forest looking over my shoulder in fear flashed in my head. I could feel the sun setting somewhere on the edge of my world. The roaring sound made my ears tickle.
"psst..Patricia, darling. It's time to get up. Night fall is here." I coaxed her with my hands and pushed the lid up from over us. Lamp light flooded into the coffin and roused the child. Her dirty face scrunched up and she began to cry. Her cries turned to sobs that racked her little body. I felt her sadness flow through me and invade my senses. Her blood sang as it pumped furiously through her veins. I gasped and tried to stop my teeth from tearing through my gums. "Arrgh!" I grabbed my mouth and stared into her red rimmed eyes. She sniffled and stopped crying.
"You wish to eat me don't you?" patricia's lip quivered as she spoke. Her face was covered in soot and her dress was torn. The little victum in her had gained some courage within the night.
I offered her solace with my eyes, using all my strength to suppress my hunger and true nature. My red hair feel into my face as I held open the large wooden lid. Patricia just sat and looked at me. "I do not wish to eat you at all. Come, let's get you sent off before Casper comes."
I moved us from the casket and shut the lid gently. The sound of wood slapping wood bellowed against my eardrum. I cringed. My undead life was a vast array of horrid loud noises it seemed. Nope,no getting used to this.
I filled my thoughts with baths and little girl's clean dresses as I called mentally to the maid, Martisa. Martisa was a french mulato who had been with us since childhood. She was one of Casper's favorite humans. Martisa could do things most humans could not and she kept the bad old vampire hating humans away from us during the day. Yes, she played a very important role. I heard her steps as she came close to my chamber. I turned to Patricia.
"Now, you go with Martisa and she will clean you up." I smiled at Patricia and patted her head. Martisa opened the door and motioned for the little girl in french. I eyed the maid and nodded.Martisa frowned at me before guiding the girl out the door. I hoped that hoodoo witch didn't harm the girl but I had to get her away from Casper.
I was unsure about my role in changing the girl. I was deeply in doubt by now but yet scared of Casper's intentions. What would i do? What excuse could i give him? Just I tried to hide my thoughts desperately under bundles of past occurances. i rapidly filled my mind with art, music literature...anything that would shroud my thoughts. I panicked.
"Hello Betty" I spun around to the sound of Casper's voice. He stood before me with obvious irritation threatening to turn into fury. I sensed he knew my thoughts as I tried even then to cover them.
"Hi Casper, I was just about to come to you." the lie was not convincing and he laughed.
"You are a silly silly girl. YOu cannot lie to me. You have not turned her nor do you have any intention of doing do." Casper crossed his arms over his chest. His long blue robe swished about his feet making my ears hurt. He eyed me. He was an animal waiting to pounce. Me heart beat raced.
"Casper..I neeed time. She is frightened. If I rush into..."
The slap stinged my face and I fell to the floor. My elbow struck the wood first and a thunder erupted in sound. my body fell hard and I grunted. The shock of Casper's hand brought my adrenaline to life. I could not hide my sudden anger.
"Oh...so you are angry huh?" The elder laughed heartily and cracked his knuckles. He hated me so and my undead life had always been such entertainment for him. HOw did he hold me here? I couldn't remember. Casper owned me and when I tried to remember why, there was nothing. My body responded to him as if I were a trained dog.
I wiped the blood from my face and looked up with contempt. "Why, Casper...why? I was the one who asked for her. Why do you care when I turn her?" I have no idea where the bravery came from but I went with it regardless.
"I own you, therefore, everything you own is mine as well." Casper smiled and held open both hands. "It really is that simple."

No comments:

Post a Comment