Thursday, February 21, 2013

Plastic

My name is Plastic and I am more than just a girl, I am one of the special ones and I keep this dream inside. I usually get the best customers of all the other girls. I know the tricks, the talk and yes, I have a few extra qualities as well. I am very limber, I can pull my leg straight up against my body and hold it there for hours. Plastic gets paid more than the other girls for this quality alone. I am cute, ditsy and usually take in enough to keep me content.  But, as all working girls seem to be, Plasic is unhappy, yes I am. Basically, I dream of owning my own business and being able to live normally for a while. I have many dreams but unfortunately, they were just dreams often drowned out my grunts and gasps...and other disturbing things I have grown used to. There are six of us in Patterson's trailer park and our business is kept on the DL. Small towns have their share of hidden pleasures. Small towns also have their Politicans and high falutin business men who sneak out to the slums for things they cant get at home. I find it stinky funny sometimes.
Our 'pimp' is George. He is okay, most of the time. Only a couple of occasions that he hit Plastic and that was because I stole his drugs. I fight  with that urge sometimes but I can stop when I want. George gives some candy, says it keeps me from losing it, but he only wants me to have it when HE wants me to have it. Bastard. Sometimes I cant wait for him to give it to me, you know.  Plastic cant handle her demons and I did break into Georges trailer and snort a couple lines right on his floor beside him. As he slept, I would take some more and get out. Th George always found me. I don't remember it all, but George changed when I stole his stuff. But George wouldn't beat me then, he would wait. Wait till I was sobered up enough to see how much I screwed up. George would enjoy his lessons, beating Plastic while he laid his pipe for the night. I just tended to zone out and enjoy the intricate patterns on his ceiling. As with the cocaine bender, I tried not to feel anything with George inside me.

Plastic loved the others, they had been here with me for years. There was Muffin, Toy, Ginger,Star and Tricks. They were all great friends and shared their down time playing cards and drinking with me. Toy and Star were in a relationship together and sometimes fought, but overall, they were pretty happy. They each had a small trailer at Pattersons, as I did, but shared meals and babysitting jobs. I have no kids but Star,Muffin and Tricks have a couple. I often babysit for booze...seems a good trade off.
The kids were fine, don't assume a couple hookers can't raise good children. Star's daugher was in the gifted class and Muffin's twins were on the Math league. Some of those rich bastards didn't have smart kids like Muffin. And Muffin was a wonderful cook. There wasn't anything that bitch couldn't make. Sometimes, I wonder why we are here, why we do what we do. I just remember that it all went down hill when the jobs started to disappear. And, besides the occasional tiffs with George, he was okay. He paid us well and sometimes gave us some free shit he found. Gave us purses, clothes and even some cheap jewlery. Says it was given to him but I just think he had been dumpster diving. Doesn't matter, it's free.

It was a night much like this when I really fucked up. I was geeking again and decided to sneak over to George's trailer for some powder. But when I opened his door, he was waiting for me. He had learned my patterns and so he was ready. I just remember seeing his face and then seeing all those damn stars...then darkness.
When I woke up, George was standing over me poking me with what the good lord have given him. I knew what he wanted and gave it to him. During the whole ordeal, he was rough. He called me names and tried to hurt me. A couple time, I almost puked. When it was over he walked away and sat on the bed. He told me to go get cleaned up and then come right back. He said we needed to talk.
I went to the bathroom and puked. I was still reeling in a spasmodic delirium from the forcefulness of George's rape. I had never expected to see him awake and never had he hit me so hard over the head. My brain was spinning. I had no idea what he wanted to talk to me about. I put my face to the sink and splashed cold water across my eyes, nose and mouth. I felt strange but the cold water woke me up a bit. What did he want? I couldn't deny the fact, that for once in the time I had worked for him, I was frightened.
When I went out to George, i saw it. He held a gun and motioned for me to sit. Then, as smiled, he spoke. "This time, you have went too far."
As his world rang in my throbbing ears, I frowned. I had no idea what he spoke of. I can't imagine him getting this mad because of a little cocaine theft. George was truly mad. That lump they all talk about was sitting in my throat threatening to choke me. "I don't know what you are talking about, George. What's going on?"
"You little liar, you come in here every week and steal my coke. You know, I even look over that and a good beating is all you seem to need to keep you away. But, you don't take my money." Greorg'e lips twitched and the gun shook. It was obvious that he had done a couple lines already. He was flying high and probably a little trigger happy. I was terrified.
"George, I really have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, I take some powder from you, but I never take your dough. I am good with what you pay me."
But George wasn't convinced. His hand shook and he stood. That is when I noticed Mufffin. She was hiding behind Georges loveseat with a gun of her own. she put her finger on her lips and winked at me. I was confused.
"I want my money or you will die. I will kill you right here."
As I backed toward the door, Muffin stood and pointed her little handgun at George's back. I returned my gaze to the pimp and stiffled a gasp. This was it, I knew how much money George was missing and it was probably in Muffin's purse right now. There was enough money to keep all the girls up for months. George had been saving, and I thought I was the only one who knew. "George, I promise you, that I did not take your money."
"Bullshit, you are the only one who knew. You are my favorite, Plastic. You were my favorite." George genuinely looked hurt by my betrayal.
At that moment, I made a strange decision. I winked at George and touched the left side of my lip. He spun and blasted Muffin in the chest. I screamed. Muffin fell and hundreds fluttered from Muffin's falling purse. Both George and I stood for a long moment and stared at his missing money. He lowered his weapon and started to pick up the hundreds. I had a sudden sick feeling as I thought of Muffin's twins. But this is a dog eat dog world,right. Basically, we are all pimps and prostitutes. I smiled. At that thought, I retrieved George's gun and shot him in the head. Whatever came over me had enough sense to pick up the money and shove it back into Muffin's bag.
Before I left, I made sure I found George's bullets. I was still trying to figure out if I had the guts to kill again as I slammed the trailer door and headed into the night. My hand shook and I realised I had crossed a line.  I had money, and I was going to get my dream. I think the bullets were for all my obstacles.
The next morning I walked from the woods into a clearing on the edge of the bordering town. I saw them everywhere. Going into stores, driving cars. Everywhere I looked, I saw pimps and prostitutes waiting to betray me. I loaded my gun because I had a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment