Sunday, February 17, 2013

A dream I once had ...part 8

He watched me and I watched him. From a distance, he seemed to pity me but I could smell that he was inhuman as well as I. His eyes were soft, something that I had never been used to and it unnerved me.
“what are you looking at?” I screached, through hot tears. I had no interest in  entertaining the local vampire newbs.
As I waited, I could hear him pity me. He actually wanted to break the rules and save me. This was odd, because he did not even know me at all. I was holed up, as slave to Casper and this vampire wanted to save me. I wondered what his secret agenda must be. No one saved another from the elite without some reason, some promise of fortune. But yet, his eyes never moved from me. I felt this strange feeling envelope me, a feeling of warmth which traveled downward and spread throughout my whole being. It couldn’t be.
I shifted and turned away from his stares. He wasn’t a bad looking vampire at all. He was handsome one with dark hair and a gentle face but I had to keep my mind in one direction. I had to save the girl. Leaning my head against the cold stones, I sighed with defeat. I knew the impossibility of what I wanted and the consequences of my attempts to escape. But I had no chance to grovel in my vampiric insecurities. A couple of sounds erupted in my ears and a puff of dust settled before me as the door opened. The mysterious gentleman vampire was standing in the opening of the cell offering me his hand.
“Come, come with me.” he stood staring down at me with the most beautiful blue eyes. I could only stare for long moments of time before accepting his cold dead hand in gratitude. I reached up reluctantly. My fingers brushed his and I gasped.
” Joseph?” The name filled my brain instantaneously as my fingers touched his. “Thank you, for helping me.”
A wonderful strength filled my body and I knew in an instant what he was here for. I knew he had chosen me from the others of the clan and he was willing to help me. My thoughts danced with his and we shared a quick smile.

“I am glad you found me.” I exhaled in contentment and hugged his chest. His height drew my face upwards to greet him. “I know why you are here but I need your help.”
Joseph smiled back and spoke “yes, my love.”
  

No comments:

Post a Comment