Sunday, February 17, 2013

A dream i once had...part 10

"Joseph, I can't be nothing anymore." I turned to face the vampire. I stared upward with a furrowed brow and exhaled slowly.
Joseph closed his eyes and dropped his head. "You know, you just gave away our location again."
"Joseph, this is bullshit. We have inhuman speed, inhuman senses, so why are we trying to get to Casper like this?" I am growing impatient.
Joseph took his head in his hands and growled. "He could kill her at any moment and somehow he hasn't decided to do that yet. Do you want to try and get to him without making him rip her precious little throat out?"
I was surprised at Joseph's anger and kind of amused at the same time. His anger made me have the strangest feeling from a place I hadn't used in a very long time. "Joseph, I am sorry, I cannot help myself. When I don't understand something, I get kind of frustrated. My mind doesn't accept inconsistencies. If I think I know a better way, it is hard for me to go along with others." I smiled at him and tilted my head. "I am sorry."
Joseph stared down at me for a moment then licked his lips. I caught a glimpse of his sharp canine and wondered how many people he had ripped apart before he found me. I wondered what kind of sounds he made when he devoured them. Was it similar to the sounds he made when he was climaxing, and what did that sound like? The thoughts of Joseph raced throughout my mind and I could not focus on anything else.
"BETTY!!" Joseph took my face in both hands and squeezed tightly. "You have got to stop thinking about me. I cannot possibly be that entertaining at the moment. Do you want to find her or not?"
In the distance a wolf howled bringing me back to reality. I smiled at Joseph and pried his hands from my face. "Yes Joseph, I want my little girl back."
"Then trust me. I know you are having a hard time with that right now, but you have to trust me." Joseph smacked my cheek lightly and took my hand.
Right before I became nothing again, I thought about how soft his hand was in mine.
Joseph frowned at me and pinched my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment