Sunday, February 17, 2013

A dream I once had...part 11

"Dig Betty!" Joseph commanded beside me. "hurry, the sun is rising!"
The loud roaring of the setting sun invaded my ears until I could barely hear Joseph speaking. The birds were screaming, mice were scratching and water from somewhere pounded the earth like a loud drum. My nails tore furiously into the earth ripping a nail free. The pain took my mind from the loud noises that were attacking my dead brain. "I am going as fast as I can. I was hoping we had found a cave somewhere around here. This is really a pain in the ass, you know."
"Just dig Betty!" Joseph was waist deep in a burrow in the earth and flinging dark earth over his shoulder and some into my face. He panted loudly adding his grunts to all the other irritating noises. "By the way, he moved again."
"JOseph, I told you that this was bullshit, didn't I?" I dug like a mad dog burrowing deeper into the earth and cussing under my breath. Right now the handsome man didn't seem so handsome and dashing.
"Just a bit deeper. And, by the way, I am no newbie vampire." Joseph laughed and stopped for a moment. He looked toward me.
A strand of red hair fell into my face and swung in front of my eyes. I wiped the hair away smudging my face with rich moist dirt. "What do you mean? I read your mind, that night in the dungeon. You are a newb...wait a minute...you are not a newb. How did you do that?"
"I told you before, masking your thoughts is incredibly effective." Joseph laughed at me again and continued to dig. His powerful back bulged underneath his blouse.
 I felt desire fighting with irritation. "That's it! I am digging no more. Fuck this, fuck the sun!" I crawled from the burrowed grave and planted my hands on my hips. Joseph was turning out to be quite the asshole.
"I told you I was an asshole. Oh wait, no I didn't." He stopped digging and dusted his hands against his trousers.
I was so angry I could tie him to a tree and let the sun have him. "Joseph, why did you decieve me?" I felt like a fool covered in mud and leaves. "Just tell me why."
Joseph took my waist in his large hands and smiled down at me. His beautiful blue eyes held compassion and tenderness. "Because my dear, you are very naive. You cannot survive this. You cannot win with the likes of Casper. And now, we are open, vulnerable and the sun is coming. If you had of trusted me, we would already have him in our grasp." Joseph pursed his lips and looked defeated.
I felt like a failure. Everytime I thought I was being assertive, I ended up being a fool...a very gullible one at that. "Okay...once again...okay. I will trust you, Joseph."
Joseph rubbed mud on my face and smiled. "No you wont, but it's okay." Without warning, he bent his mouth to mine. I was exhilerated. As he moved in for the kiss, my lips parted and I inhaled sharply. "Joseph..."
I had no time to respond as he bent my neck and drove his fangs deep within my throbbing vein. I stiffened and squealed with surprise. He was so strong as he clamped one hand on my mouth and the other around both my wrists. He drank me as he pulled us both into the hollowed out burrow. The walls gripped us safely like a womb while Joseph took control from me. When he finished, I could barely hold conciousness. I heard his soft words speaking to me through a thin haze.
"You are special, silly one. Shhh.. Sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment