Sunday, February 17, 2013

A dream i once had...part 2

I was so nervous waiting for her. I paced back and forth in Casper's bedroom. My chinese Laundry heels thumped impatiently on the crimson plush carpet--almost unnerving me. I wrung my hands together and grimaced at the way my silk dress rasperd against my thighs. It was crimson red as well, perfectly matching Casper's floor. I felt my dry dead heart pounding in my chest and brought my hand up to still it. The v-neck of my dress offered access to cold flesh on flesh and the sensation shocked me. I gasped and then continued to pace. God, why were things so intense--the voices, the sounds, the sensations. I don't think I will ever be used to life as death as life again. This existence never failed to amaze me. I stopped abruptly in front of Casper's vanity and stared at the pale girl in the glass. I giggled and put my hand over my mouth. My mind raced to all the silly little myths about reflections and mirrors and it made me chuckle a little relieving tension. Raising one eyebrow, I took my hand down from my mouth and dug deeply into my purse. My hand found what it was looking for and brought the object before my eyes.
"Ahh..crimson." I removed the cap from the tube of lipstick and twisted the sides watching the thick red creamy stick move up slowly. My mouth had dropped open in response to the loud sliding sound that the lipstick made as if moved upwards. I giggled again. PUtting my hands on my lips ;I applied the lipstick and replaced it into my purse. "Oh you Vampiress, you." I raised my eyebrow and began to pose in the mirror, this way and that. Then stopped staring at myself. A sadness swept over me momentarily as pictures of dying children flashed before me. I gasped. No matter how many decades passed; I could not forget the children. Oh, the children. My lips trembled.
"Are you alright?" Casper appeared beside me and stared into the mirror as well. He was dressed in a velvet jacket and dark slacks. His raspy brown hair was pulled back from his face and his eyes were peircing and blue as blue could be. He had fed already, thank god. when he was hungry , he was so pissy.
"I ...I am fine." I stammered. "I was waiting for you to return."
Casper smiled and ran a hand over my long red hair. His fingers momentarily tangled in the waves down the back of my tresses. I furrowed my brow and faked an OUCH!
 "I have her."
I inhaled sharply and just stared at his reflection. I didn't know how to feel. Visions of recieving babies in the bedroom with the wet nurse flashed before me. Holding a child that i did not know how to love and understanding that it was my duty to love him. I could remember it as if it were yesterday. I trembled. "Oh, Casper...do you jest me?"
"come...she is just outside the room." He removed his hand from my hair and took me by my wrist. He pulled gently.
As we moved toward the doorway, time crept ever so slowly. Of course it does; as with anything you want. I grasped my purse tightly and moved with Casper. I couldn't feel my legs at all. The numbness spread upward as I neared the door.
Casper smiled as he turned the knob and pulled open the door. I looked from him to the open hallway with was before me now.
she stood there. She was no more than 7 years old, dark brown hair and rosey cheeks. She had been crying, as her skin was flushed and her warmth seemed to radiate from her.
"Oh CAsper, she is beautiful." I turned to smile and flashed my fangs briefly. "Is she really mine?"
Casper grinned deviously and spoke in a hushed tone. "Yes, my dear, yes...but hurry...she is very upset. I killed her whole family."
The little girl trembled and began to sob uncontrollably. Her little shoulders shook.
I had no time to conceal the horror in my face. I know he saw it because he frowned and shook his head at me. I never asked for this...not like this."But...okay Casper...okay. I will take care of it. But I want to be alone with her first" I whispered.
Casper rolled his eyes and released my wrist. "Ok, but don't make a mess. It is a simple job. And she is your responsibility ...forever."
I looked him in the eye once more before he turned to go. I didn't see compassion there, nor did I see love. I couldn't quite make out exactly what I saw but it frightened me. Casper had a plan and somehow I felt that all this was a part of it. Maybe, who knows.
Looking down at the precious little girl; I smiled. Her frightened eyes caught mine and she gasped. As I reached out for her, she turned and ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment